We build and maintain a close liaison between the police, partner agencies and all sections of the community!
SSCT & Stop Think
The aim of the SSCT is to build and maintain a close liaison between the police, partner agencies and all sections of the community and in so doing increase public confidence and reassurance of whole school communities and other community groups.
Our objectives are:
- To work in partnership with the community through community groups and other agencies, encouraging a whole school approach to achieve a safe and secure community.
- To support and facilitate a multi-agency approach to problem solving principles, restorative practices and responsible citizenship.
- To provide specialist knowledge regarding Internet safety, managing conflict, alcohol and drugs issues as well as signposting to other appropriate specialists.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to help to develop consistent and effective intervention methods in the tackling of anti-social behaviour, drug and substance misuse, and school attendance issues.
- To work alongside our Safer Neighbourhood Teams throughout Dorset, providing resources, guidance and practical assistance where appropriate in order to promote Safe Schools and Communities.